Baked Sesame Tofu with Peanut Ginger Sauce
Vegetarian? No Problem! Check out how great Cookie Nookie is with some spice for your next meatless meal.
1h 4 Servings Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- 14 oz. firm or extra firm Tofu, pressed to remove water
- 4 tsp Toasted Sesame Seeds
- 1 tsp Peanut Oil Marinade:
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Rice Vinegar
- 2-3 tsp Honey
- 1-2 tsp Sriracha Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Ground Ginger Sauce:
- 1 Tbsp Ground Ginger
- 4 Tbsp PB Crave Cookie Nookie Peanut Butter
- 3 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1-2 Tbsp Honey
- 2 tsp Rice Vinegar
- 3 Tbsp Water
Calories (4pieces tofu 1 Tbsp sauce)
- Take the tofu out of the package and put in a colander to drain. Cut the tofu in half lengthwise to make two thinner pieces. Put a double layer of paper towels on a cutting board, put the tofu on top and another double layer of paper towels on top of the tofu. Put a heavy object on top of the paper towels and let it press the water out for 10 minutes. Remove the paper towels and repeat again.
- Whisk together the marinade ingredients. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut each piece of tofu into about 10 strips. Lay the tofu in a baking dish and pour the marinade over making sure all the tofu is covered. Let sit for 10-20 minutes. Then sprinkle pieces with 2 tsp Sesame Seeds.
- Slightly oil a baking sheet with the Peanut oil. Put the tofu on the baking sheet and bake 20 minutes on the first side, then turn and bake 10 minutes on the other.
- While the tofu bakes, use a food processor to mix all of the sauce ingredients together.
- Serve the tofu hot with the sauce for dipping.