Peanut Butter and Jelly Doughnuts
We can't imagine anything better than these homemade peanut butter and jelly doughnuts! Covered in sugar and positively oozing with sweet creamy PB Crave peanut butter and jelly in the center, put these at the top of your "to-make" list!
2h 20m 12 Doughnuts Raspberry White Fudge & Dark Chocolate
- 2 packages of Active Dry Yeast
- 1/4 cup Warm Water
- 3/4 cup Whole Milk, warm
- 5 Tbsp Butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1 Egg plus 1 Egg Yolk, room temperature
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3 3/4 cup Flour
- 1/4 cup Raspberry Jam
- 1/4 cup PB Crave Razzle Dazzle
- 1 Egg White, slightly beaten
- 2 cups of Vegetable Oil, for frying
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water, set aside and allow to proof for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the warm milk and butter, whisk until completely dissolved. Add the sugar, egg and egg yolk, salt, yeast mixture and 3 cups of flour and combine until smooth. Stir in the remaining 3/4 cup of flour and stir until a soft dough forms.
- Place the dough in a lightly greased bowl, cover and set aside to rest for 1 hour.
- Punch down the dough and turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead approximately 8 times.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal pieces and roll out into a ¼ inch thickness. Cut each side with an equal number of 2-1/2-inch circle cutters. Place ½ tsp of peanut butter and ½ tsp jam on each cut out circle. Brush the edges lightly with the beaten egg white and top with remaining circles. Press the edges to create a seal.
- Place the doughnuts on a greased baking sheet and cover and allow to rise for 45 minutes.
- When ready to fry, heat your oil until 350 degrees F. Fry the doughnuts for 1-2 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels and dust with powdered sugar, if desired.